Well, well, well… Fancy meeting you here! Our little speakeasy is helping big sis Yeah Write celebrate #100. That’s 100 straight weeks of gathering the best writing on the web and sharing it with you. And we’re in a party mood, which is probably why you’ll find our empty chairs out back.
For Yeah Write’s birthday, you get presents
Starting today, we’re handing out thank you gifts to random participants both on the challenge grid and the speakeasy. For yeah write #100, one winner will receive a custom badge designed for his or her own space. If you don’t use sidebars or your blog design is already perfect, we will design it for another worthy project at your request. It’ll be yours to specify.
Another random winner will receive a copy of A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan donated by yeah write editor Stacie (thanks, sis!). More thank you gifts to come, including gift cards, web design elements and, of course, more books. Books are the new TV, you know.
All of this is our way of saying thanks for making yeah write and the speakeasy the best places on the Interwebs for writers who blog and bloggers who write.
Hey, you! Yeah, you!
The spirit of participation here at the speakeasy means that you really should get around to the other submissions on the grid. We’ve not yet hit 20 submissions (maybe this week?), so reading all of them won’t be an all-day task. I’m not gonna be the mean mom and tell you you can’t come play in our backyard if you don’t leave pithy comments on all of the entries, but be a good house guest and do your best to commune with your gridmates, m-kay?
Now, to get down to business
These are the firm submission guidelines-
- your post must be dated March 10, or later.
- the speakeasy is designed for submissions written specifically for the grid. Please do not submit an entry if you intend to showcase it to another blog link-up. Such posts are removed without notice, which means that you’ll be tossed in the barrel like a wadded up newspaper.
- though your post is NOT about the photo, above, you must make some reference to it.
- you must start with the first line our last winner, Suzanne, has provided. “A flash sparked across the sky.”
- your post is either fiction or poetry, including fictional accounts of true stories — think of the most obvious way to use the prompt, then go a different direction — we don’t want to be stranded in the same back alley for all of the entries.
- keep it 500 words or less. What, what? Did you say 500? yes, we said 500 words or less. and we mean it, bucko!
- badges for your post are found in the sidebar.
How does this all work?
- the grid opens on Tuesday at 00:00 am EST
- the grid closes Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST
- voting all day Thursday, starting at 12:00 am and closing at 11:59 pm EST
- winners post Friday at noon EST
Do you still need more info or assistance? Don’t hesitate to contact us, we’re just chillin’ in the alley…
Like our new new look? It can be yours, no problemo! If you would like yeah write help with your blog design, contact us for fees and availability.