All the better to see you with, my dear
Are you on the right shore? Fiction and poetry go here at the speakeasy. Personal essay and traditional blog posts live on the challenge grid. If you’re one of those “rules, schmules” people who just wants to share anything other than sales posts, you’re a perfect fit for the weekend moonshine grid, where everyone gets a break from those pesky rules. Also, check out our BlogHer VOTY grid to show some love on the birds of our flock.
What’s 20? The magic number.
If we hit 20 entries on our grid, we’ll draw for a $25 (USD) gift card. You read that correctly, if we gather 20 writers submitting fiction or poetry, we’re giving one of you a prize! Woot!
The every day rules
- your post must be dated April 28, or later
- the speakeasy is designed for submissions written specifically for the grid. Please do not submit an entry if you intend to showcase it to another blog link-up. Such posts are deleted without notice, which means that we shove you into the icy cold water with no warning
- though your post is NOT about the photo, above, you must make some reference to it
- you must begin with the sentence our last winner, Megan, has provided. ”She traded it all for a silver kiss.”
- Please do not post explanations, qualifications or other stuff prior to the beginning of your post. If you need to clarify anything, feel free to do so briefly (oh-so-very-briefly) at the end.
- your post is either fiction or poetry, including fictional accounts of true stories
- keep it 600 words or fewer
- the badge for your speakeasy #107 post is found in the sidebar. Be sure to add the code to the html view of your post before publishing. Come back on Tuesday and add your link
Think about how everyone else might use the prompts and go in a different direction. Standing out usually gets you more votes than standing in does.
How do we do it?
- the grid opens on Tuesday at 00:00 am EST
- the grid closes Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST
- voting all day Thursday, starting at 12:00 am and closing at 10:00 pm EST
- winners post Friday at noon EST
Do you still need more info or assistance? Don’t hesitate to contact us, we’re just running with the kids…