You better watch out, you better not cry…
Are you on Santa’s nice list? The one for non-fiction, traditional blog posts, or personal essay? You’re going to want to visit the challenge grid to leave you post with a couple of cookies. But if you play it a little less stright with the truth, say, you write fiction or poetry? You’re on the naughty list and you’re in the right spot.
Fa la la la la, la la la la
We’ve been hosting a magical shindig here the past few weeks and our guest list is growing, so “Hiya!” to all of those awesome new folks checking us out. If we gather ten friends for this sleigh ride, we’re making an Editor’s Pick. Whee! We so very much like doing this. Like it so much we might even break out the jingle bells!
There’s no place like prompts for the holidays
“Grandpa told the best stories.”
Ready or not, here come the rules:
- Your post must be dated December 8, 2013, or later.
- Submissions must be 750 words or fewer.
- Submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Your piece must include the following sentence ANYWHERE: “Grandpa told the best stories.”
- The Speakeasy is for submissions written specifically for the grid. Please don’t submit an entry if you intend to showcase it to another blog link-up. Such posts are deleted without notice, like tossing re-gifted fruitcake.
- Please don’t post long explanations before your post. We want your writing to be the star of the show. If you need to clarify anything, feel free to do so at the end.
- The badge for your speakeasy #139 post is found in the sidebar. Add the code to the html view of your post before publishing.
And remember—try to think outside the box when you write your piece. Exercise those writer’s muscles. Think about how everyone else might use the prompts and then go in a different direction. Be bold and take risks!