I just flew in from Phoenix…
And, boy are my arms tired! OK, worst joke ever. But it’s no joke that you’ve landed here at the speakeasy at yeah write. We’re the fiction and poetry arm of yeah write. If you’re looking for traditional blog posts and personal essays? Flap on over to the challenge grid.
Our nest egg
Heya! If we make it to twenty entries on this here grid, we’re gonna award an editor’s pick to one of you lucky birds. So gather ’round the bird feeder — and invite a coupla friends to joing the flock!
Polly want a prompt…
Here are the rules:
- Your post must be dated February 2, 2013, or later.
- Submissions must be 750 words or fewer.
- Submissions must be fiction or poetry.
- Your piece must include the following sentence as the FIRST line: “There was a time when things were different.”
- The Speakeasy is for submissions written specifically for the grid. Please don’t submit an entry if you intend to showcase it to another blog link-up. Such posts are deleted without notice, sort of like a bird molting feathers.
- Please don’t post long explanations before your post. We want your writing to be the star of the show. If you need to clarify anything, feel free to do so at the end.
- The badge for your speakeasy #147 post is found in the sidebar. Add the code to the html view of your post before publishing.