Welcome to the speakeasy, where we help you get started writing short fiction or poetry for your blog, every week. We have the first sentence for your post already prepared. Begin your story or poem with this line:
The magic was all in the finishing touches.
Here’s the other important information you need to submit to the grid this week.
- though your post is NOT about the photo prompt, above, you must make some reference to it
- Don’t forget open with that first line we’ve provided
- Keep your post to a thousand words or less
- Submissions should be dated no earlier than January 20
- Our grid is open to entries until 9:00 pm EST, Wednesday night. Regulars should note the earlier closing time
- One post per person, please!
- On Thursday, we vote for a crowd favourite. This week, if we get 10+ entries, the winner gets a fancy button of triumph for their post, accolades from fellow submitters and a $25 Amazon gift card. As winner, you’ll also provide the first sentence everyone will use next week.
If you follow the link-up instructions and run into trouble, feel free to email me with questions, at email@example.com, or leave a comment below. This is the third of four consecutive weeks of gift card giveaways, but we can’t give anything away if we don’t get at least 10 submissions. Did you bring a virgin unto the grid this week? You get custom photography for your blog! Let me know in comments for whom you’re responsible.
Can’t wait to see what you do with the prompts this week! Good luck, roomies.