Oh, my stars!
It seems that someone leaked the call to submit a wee bit early — so here we are, open already!
Pretend that you don’t notice that I’m in my bathrobe and my hair is still wet. I’ll let you in anyway, as long as you let me get dressed in a minute. While you’re waiting for me, start thinking on your first line prompt provided by Suzanne Purkis, winner of speakeasy #95:
I threw it on the ground and burst into tears.
These are the firm submission guidelines-
- your post must be dated February 10 or later
- while your entry is not about the photo prompt above, you must make some reference to it
- you must start your post with the first line our last winner, Suzanne, has provided. “I threw it on the ground and burst into tears“
- the post must be fiction or poetry, including fictional accounts of true stories
- your post must be 1000 words or less
- no double link-ups, we are jealous lovers
- no introductory paragraphs about what you are about to write, just jump right in
- badges for your post are found in the sidebar
When does the show get going?
- For this week only: the grid opens on Monday at whatever time I get this posted
- the grid closes Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST
- voting all day Thursday, starting at 12:00 am and closing at 11:59 pm EST
- winners post Friday at noon EST
Questions? More detailed information can be found in the speakeasy FAQ.
Do you still need more info? Don’t hesitate to contact us, we’re generous hostesses — we have to be if we let you in here while we’re just wearing underwear.
Let me slip into something a wee bit more comfortable – The Speakeasy at Yeah Write is open early!