With a first line worthy of our blossoming gin joint, Eric Sipple has kicked off the start of our love affair with the bottle. What’s in your bottle and are you willing to share?
The bottle was nearly empty.
These are the firm submission guidelines-
- your post must be dated February 17, or later
- the speakeasy is designed for submissions written specifically for the grid. Please do not submit an entry if you intend to showcase it to another blog link-up. Such posts are deleted without notice (which feels worse than getting a parking ticket for parking in a fire zone).
- though your post is NOT about the photo, above, you must make some reference to it
- you must start with the first line our last winner, Eric, has provided. “The bottle was nearly empty.”
- your post is either fiction or poetry, including fictional accounts of true stories — we like imagination, so take us somewhere awesome!
- keep it 1000 words or less
- badges for your post are found in the sidebar
What are the hours of this hole-in-the-wall?
- the grid opens on Tuesday at 00:00 am EST (Happy Hour, of course)
- the grid closes Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST
- voting all day Thursday, starting at 12:00 am and closing at 11:59 pm EST
- winners post Friday at noon EST
Do you still need more info or assistance? Don’t hesitate to contact us, we know tricks to get that bottle open…
Like our new new look? If you would like yeah write help with your blog design, contact us for fees and availability.