If there is one thing we here at The Speakeasy know, it is that when you bring your best work to the grid, you’ll always come out smelling like roses. Take the opportunity to push your own buttons — try something new and original. Why not? You’re in the safety zone here…
We’re prepared for an assault of sensory details this week, given our sweet-smelling opening line:
The smell was noticeable.
These are the firm submission guidelines-
- your post must be dated March 3, or later
- the speakeasy is designed for submissions written specifically for the grid. Please do not submit an entry if you intend to showcase it to another blog link-up. Such posts are removed without notice, which means that you’ll be deleted like unwatched episodes of “Cake Boss” from your Tivo.
- though your post is NOT about the photo, above, you must make some reference to it.
- you must start with the first line our last winner, Bee, has provided. “The smell was noticeable.”
- your post is either fiction or poetry, including fictional accounts of true stories — think of the most obvious way to use the prompt, then go a different direction — we’re looking for stuff more interesting than what’s on basic cable!
- keep it 1000 words or less.
- badges for your post are found in the sidebar.
How does this all work?
- the grid opens on Tuesday at 00:00 am EST
- the grid closes Wednesday at 11:59 pm EST
- voting all day Thursday, starting at 12:00 am and closing at 11:59 pm EST
- winners post Friday at noon EST
Do you still need more info or assistance? Don’t hesitate to contact us, we’e available at the touch of a button…
Like our new new look? It can be yours (as seen on TV). If you would like yeah write help with your blog design, contact us for fees and availability.